Main Hall Activities
Our “Birding Headquarters” will be located at the Arcata Community Center During the Spring Festival
We welcome everyone to visit Godwit Days’ vendor hall and indoor events at the Arcata Community Center – 321 Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway, Arcata, CA 95521. Free admission.
Come down and see:
- Live birds of prey on display from the Humboldt Wildlife Care Center, Saturday & Sunday 11am-2pm.
- Vendors Booths – artists, scopes & binoculars, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and more.
- Art show/gallery by Arcata Artisans
- Student Bird Art & Nature Writing Contest entries on display
- Silent auction (opens 3 p.m. Friday & closes Saturday 6:30 p.m.)
- Godwit Café
- Family nature crafts sponsored by Friends of the Arcata Marsh Saturday (time TBA).
- 4th Annual Humboldt County Bird of the Year Award presentation, sponsored by Fowlerope Birding Tours and tomleskiw.com, Friday 6:30pm
The Main Hall will be open to the public:
- Friday, April 21st, 3:00-8:00 p.m. (Opening lectures to include: Bird of the Year Awards, Spotlight Organization – California Native Plant Society; & Featured Speaker Noah Strycker 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, April 22nd, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (Keynote Lecture $10 without paid registration 7:00-8:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, April 23rd, 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
The Registration Room will be open to the public:
- Friday, April 21st, 3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 22nd, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sunday, April 23rd, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The silent auction will be set up in the main hall next to the Godwit Cafe. People are welcome to start making bids at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 21st, during the Opening Reception. The silent auction will close at 6:30 p.m. sharp Saturday, April 22nd just before the Keynote Speaker presentation. Winners will be able to collect and pay for their items after the Keynote presentation or the following morning in the Registration Room, items must be picked up before 1pm Sunday April 23rd or other arrangements made.